Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
Alpha Beta Lambda Chapter
Educational Enrichment Scholarship Application
Educational Enrichment Scholarship
- The awarding of the Alpha Beta Lambda Education Foundation Alpha Phi Alpha Educational Enrichment scholarship is based on need, with consideration given to merit and the moral character of the candidates. These scholarship funds are to be used by a currently enrolled student pursuing opportunities such as: a study abroad experience, funds to attend a professional development conference, participating in a student leadership training, etc.
- The candidates should be African-American college males from Fayette, Bourbon, Clark, Franklin, Jessamine, Madison, Scott or Woodford county or a student enrolled in an accredited four-year Kentucky college/university. Students must have a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- A candidate must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited 4-year college/university. Documentation in the form of a transcript or current class schedule must be provided to the scholarship chairman at the time a candidate submits a request for the scholarship.
- The Educational Enrichment Scholarship can be given to a student who already has another scholarship (athletic or academic).
- All applicants must meet the same criteria. No preferential treatment will be given.
- All candidates must submit a mini-proposal (an application with specific guidelines is provided) for consideration. Each candidate will include an essay on why he should be considered for the scholarship.
- All applications for the scholarship will be considered on a case by case basis and can be submitted at any time. Applicants should keep in mind that the scholarship committee meets periodically. Therefore, if funds are needed by a specific deadline, the applicant should plan accordingly to submit the request as early as possible.
- The Alpha Beta Lambda Chapter Educational Enrichment Scholarship is a one-time scholarship (non-renewable), not to exceed $1,500. Up to two (2) awards at the maximum amount ($1,500) or multiple awards in smaller amounts may be given annually.
- Once the Scholarship Committee has determined that a student has satisfied the specified requirements, a check will be made payable to the entity or vendor providing the service to the student. For instance, if a campus organization or department is sponsoring a student educational experience, then the funds will be made payable to that organization/department.